The complete Guide for Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor With Interchangeable Optical Lens
Infant optics DXR-8 offers a wide range of features, which makes it most adorable gadget to parents. It is the best selling video monitor available on amazon. And why not, it is comes with world-first interchangeable lenses. Well we will come to that in a moment with details. But first thing first, let’s look at its appearance and the accessories.
What There’s in Package of Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor:
Infant Optics DXR-8 Offers World First Interchangeable Lenses:
This feature makes this product a clear winner. DXR-8 is compatible with three lenses. They are:
- Normal Lens – The aluminum hood lens, which protects the aperture of the camera unit, provides standard video with medium range view. This lens captures your baby and its immediate surroundings.
- 2X Zoom Optical Lens – You can watch your baby close up during sleep. This optical zoom lens stream clear crisp video unlike digital zoom where software stimulates the image thus quality of the image affects badly. You can place the camera far corner but still can enjoy the close up view without image resolution deterioration.
- Wide Angle Lens – This lens enable you to view the entire room. As your baby grows older and moves around this could be useful. It gives you a wide 170-degree panoramic view without any thing to miss.
Please note: The optical lenses must be manually replaced into camera unit. Normal and 2X Zoom lenses comes with DXR-8 monitor set but you need to purchase Wide Angle lens separately.
Digital Zoom Option in Monitor Unit:
Apart from optical zoom lens, it also offers digital zoom in parent unit. You can use digital zoom along with optical lenses to get desirable view.
Remotely Controlled Camera Pan and Tilt:
The camera can follow your baby at your desire. It has given you the opportunity to control camera movement through parent unit. Simply press the navigation key and move your camera without disturbing your baby’s activity.
Press move camera downward and to move camera upward. Similarly press and to adjust the camera horizontally. The camera can move 95 degree up, 25 degree down and 135 degree in both left and right direction.
3.5” LCD Screen Displays Crystal Clear Picture:
Larger LCD screen that displays crystal clear video stream. The 3.5” LCD screen displays full color real-time video with 320X240 resolutions.
Night Vision Mode – Eight Infra Red lights brings you excellent image quality even in night also. The light sensor senses the darkness and IRs start functioning automatically.
Temperature Indicator – the temperature of your baby’s room displayed on your LCD screen. You can choose between C/F options available in Menu option. Although it only displays temperature of the room and does not warn if temperature is low or high.
Good Sound Quality, Two Way Communication Facility and Sound Activated LEDs:
It can capture your infant’s sound quite effectively. Infant Optics DXR-8 comprises with two excellent features
- Sound Activated LEDs – The monitor has four LEDs that indicate the sound level of your baby’s room. If you are in noisy environment or during night, you can make out the sound level by simply looking at it even the volume is down of your monitor unit. Also you can turn off the video and still can enjoy audio from your baby’s room.
- Two Way Communication Facility – it offers two-way communication. You can hear as well as talk to your baby by using your monitor. Press and hold TALK button on your monitor to talk to your baby. There are built-in speaker and microphone in the system, which provide you the ability to talk to your baby.
Automatic Scan Through up to Four Cameras:
The monitor unit can pair with up to four cameras. You can monitor any/all of the cameras manually or automatically scan through all of the cameras in your network. If you have more than one camera units paired with your monitor, you can view any of the cameras by selecting cam 1/cam 2/cam 3/cam 4 from monitor or select SCAN option to automatic cycle through all the cameras in every 12 seconds.
2.4 GHz FHSS Communication with Data Encryption:
2.4 GHz FHSS communication provides data securely to your monitor unit with built-in data encryption. Rest assured that your privacy is not breached.
Long Transmission Range:
You can receive the smooth video stream up to 700 feet in unobstructed area. Transmission range decreases if any thick wall comes in between.
Extended Battery Life:
The monitor can go on up to 10 hrs of operation in power saver mode and 6 hrs with screen continously on condition with one charge. It releases a warning sound when monitor running out of battery.
Dual USB Charger:
It comes with two USB chargers for convenient charging from laptop or domestic electricity supply. It comes with 10’ and 3’ long USB cable that enable you to choose suitable cable as per charging condition and environment. You can use your DXR-8 all over the world as the input voltage for charging is 100-240 VAC that is compatible with all the countries.
Warnings and Indicators Displayed By Monitor:
The status indicators displayed on monitor are – The Monitor displayed all the information preciously on your 3.5” LCD screen.
The options in MENU are – You can adjust volume and brightness from menu option. You can set alarm, sleep mode delay, temperature gauge unit. In addition, you can add camera unit and view any of the cameras or scan through all the cameras in your network by selecting option from menu. You may also regulate digital zoom in menu.
Warnings Included in the System – The system includes with few warnings that alert you under certain circumstances which may harm your system performance overall. It warns you for out-of-range and low battery condition.
Switches On Monitor and Camera:
On camera there are only two switches – a) Power and b) Pairing.
On Monitor, you will found Power, Shortcut, Talk, Menu, Ok button along with four Navigation buttons.
- It offers world-first interchangeable lens. As kid grows older, different types of lenses match the requirement.
- Remote control camera movement once again easiest way to track toddler without restricting/ disturbing their activity.
- Crystal clear image quality even in night vision.
- Long reception area.
- Two-way communication facility.
- Sound activated LED shows the noise level of the kid’s room with even volume down of monitor unit.
- Automatic scan through all the cameras in network.
- Long battery life.
- Amazing infant optics customer service.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Sound is little low but neutralized by sound activated LED.
|Systems General||RF Frequency||2400 Mhz ~ 2483.5 Mhz|
|Type of Modulation||GFSK|
|Type of Spread Spectrum||FHSS|
|Selectable Camera Channels||4|
|Data Rate||3 Mbps|
|Channel Bandwidth||3.375 MHz|
|Transmission Range||up to 700 feet (line of sight, no obstruction)|
|Camera Unit||Input Voltage||100-240VAC @ 50/60Hz|
|Operating Voltage||5.9V, 1000mA|
|Effective Pixel||640 x 480 (VGA)|
|IR/Night Vision||8 IR LEDs, 1 Low light sensor|
|Picture sensor||OV7670 1/6' Color CMOS|
|Built-Lens||f 2.5mm, F 2.8|
|Operating Temperature||-10° C (+14° F) to +50° C (122° F)|
|Power Adapter||Input: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz 150mA; Output: 5.9V, 1000mA|
|White Balance Control||Auto|
|Vertical Turning Angle||95° UP, 25° DOWN|
|Horizontal Turning Angle||135° both left and right|
|Monitor Unit||Input Voltage||100-240VAC @50/60 Hz|
|Operating Voltage||5.0V, 500mA|
|Resolution (Pixel)||320 x 240|
|Battery||1200mAH Li-ion 3.7V rechargeable battery|
|LCD Display||3.5" TFT color display at 320 x 240 RGB colors|
|Power Adapter||Input: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz 150mA; Output: 5.0V, 500mA|
|Duration (Standby Mode)||10 Hours|
|Duration (Screen ON)||6 Hours|
|Time to charge full||Hours|