The Best Jogging Stroller 2019 – A Complete Guide
Which is the best jogging stroller for your family? In this countdown we tested all the strollers for everything from control, comfort and performance to determine the winner. And we have put the top 4 jogging strollers amongst the various models that you can buy online. From bottom of the range to top of the range, there will be the stroller jogger to suit you. In conclusion, whichever stroller you choose whether budget or top quality and for whatever use you have designed for it. These are the top 4 available to you.
Countdown For The Best Jogging Stroller of 2016
1. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
This is the cheapest one amongst our list of the best jogging strollers. The baby trend jogger strollers expedition and phantom, are 3 wheeled with swivel front wheel manual brake. The tyres are bicycle tyres with inner tube and pump up. You can travel over bumps, sand or through town with this. There is also the option to attach a car seat to create a transport system. If you wish to exercise or take long walks on a budget price these two strollers could be for you.
- Swivel locking system on front wheel for speed or slow turns around town
- Ratchet adjusting hood
- Foot reflectors
- Takes wear and tear
- Extra large shopping tray
- Both parent and child tray with cup holders
- Can be converted into a travel system
- 5 point harness and tether strap
- No shock absorbers
- Tyres need pumping up regularly
- Lighter weight than more expensive brands
2. Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller
Furthermore, the baby jogger city mini stroller is designed specifically with movement around cities and towns in mind. It is extremely light weight at 17 ½ lbs and has a one second fold up manual mechanism, simply pull the strap and the mini jogger will collapse locking automatically. It has plastic wheels so is no good for different terrains. You can convert it to add a pram for your newborn or add a car seat for a great transport system. The mini city jogger is so light you can carry it on and off buses or into taxis.
- Streamlined and nifty
- Easily manoeuvred
- Folds down with a manual pull on the strap and locks into place
- UV50 sun canopy
- All weather canopy with vents and windows
- Can fit a car seat
- Can fit a pram
- Can negotiate onto any form transport including buses
- Best only used in the town or city due to plastic wheels
- Accessories sold separately
- Luggage tray small, only suitable for changing bag and so on, perhaps light shopping
- Nowhere to put shopping or heavier items
3. Graco Relay Click Connect Jogging Stroller
Back to the jogger strollers, Graco have one that is middle of the range and just right for going for a run or a long walk over rugged ground. It has pneumatic tyres and a swivel lock front wheel so if you are going any distance you can lock the wheel and the pneumatic tyres will absorb the shock keeping your infant comfortable. The Graco relay click connect stroller comes with all the accessories so there’s no extra expense. It has a UV50 sun protector, is made of reflective materials and handy pouch at the back for the parent’s belongings including mobile phone holder. It has a multi position reclining seat with a three to five point safety harness keeping your baby secure. You can turn it into a transport system by attaching a car seat but be sure to get the correct adaptor for the seat. The graco relay features a one second grab and fold system, grab the strap and the stroller will immediately collapse and fasten itself.
- Includes snugride 35 click in car seat
- Pneumatic tyres with shock absorb that will take you over any type of terrain.
- Manual locking swivel front wheel, lock for speed, unlock for a slow cruise around town
- Luxury extras, child arm rest, zip pouch and mobile phone compartment, trays with cup holders, parent and child.
- Extra large storage tray underneath
- One second release collapse and automatic lock, stands alone
- UV50 lined sun canopy
- Reflective materials
- Light weight 25lb
- Lightweight so may not be hard wearing
4. BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Stroller
The last stroller on our list of the best jogging stroller is the BOB 2016 revolution flex. This is a quality build stroller and there is quite a price difference between this and the other stroller joggers we have looked at. Compared to the Baby Trend jogger stroller it is a 100% more stable with none of the shuddering experienced with the Baby Trend as the tyres absorb the shock and the frame is much more stable and maneuverable. It has a UV50 sun protector and a full all weather canopy hood so no matter what your infant will be sheltered.
It has a large strong tray underneath for your shopping and your baby’s things and also has a large pouch at the back for your belongings, with mesh for your water bottle. A special feature of this model is that the handle bar is adjustable. Whether your 4ft 10” or 6ft 3” the handle bar which is comfortably padded can be adjusted to your height.
- Quality build
- Light enough to be manageable
- All weather canopies
- Manual locking front wheel
- Straight forward folding
- Washable seats
- Several recline positions including 90o
- Tyres ensure shock from rough terrain is absorbed
- Takes some time to get the hang of with the manual operation of the canopy and the fold down technique
- Not so nimble for city use