Top 5 Best Baby Movement Monitors
Which is the best baby movement monitor for my family? You must be searching this question from a long time, In this article, we have brought together the best 5 baby monitors available on the market today. Before reviewing, we have tested all of them by the checklist we have specially created for the baby movement monitors. After weeks of testing, the units were rated on their Portability, Features, Ease of Use, and Reliability. Please read further to c\see our conclusion.
1. Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitor Review
We have picked 5 of the best baby movement monitors beginning with the Angel care AC401. This monitor has a sensor pad that picks up the baby’s every movement and snuffle. It has clear sound and can be clearly heard up to 250 meters away wherein an out of range alarm will sound. This alarm also has a number of extra features such as a soft night light and lullabies. It will sound an alarm after 20 seconds if there is no movement in the crib. It has a portable parent unit with battery indicator and a temperature gauge so you know the baby’s room is at optimum temperature. Buy this for its special features
- Crystal sound
- Quality video image
- Under mattress movement sensor pad
- Tricky to set up,
2. Babysense 5s Baby Safe Infant Movement Monitor
Prefer a more sensitive device? The Babysense Hisense 5s Babysafe Infant Movement monitor has helped over 600,000 babies worldwide; it has been tested by health authorities and is used in hospitals to monitor the sick infants. It features micro movement technology so every micro movement will register stirring, snuffle, kicking and breathing. If the infant’s movements slow to less than 10 a minute the alarm will sound after 20 seconds, likewise if there is no movement at all for 20 seconds. The Baby sense Hisense alarm was invented to give stressed and worried parents a break and some sleep safe in the knowledge that the monitor will wake you if there is anything amiss.
- Medically tested
- Used with success in hospitals
- Micro movement sensor and technology
- Used since 1992 with an excellent track record
- Has helped over half a million babies
- Switching on and off you have to be careful that it is switched on properly
- Lights flash on every few seconds so not an at a glance information that it is working.
3. Snuza Hero Go
Moving on we have the Snuzza we have the Hero Go baby movement monitor. This is an extremely sensitive monitor though not as reliable as an under mattress sensor so for premature or sick babies you may not find this device useful. It has a firm clip and clips onto the front of the baby’s diaper monitoring his/her every breath, it also picks up external movement so is not suitable if you baby is sharing a bed with an older infant. Likewise it is not recommended for infants that roll onto their stomach. However for great peace of mind and a night’s peaceful rest with a young baby use this sensitive alarm to monitor your baby’ every breath and movement. It has a visual display and a loud alarm.
- Senses rise and fall baby’s abdomen
- Not bulky
- Easy to use
- Attaches firmly
- Peace of mind
- Rouse warning
- Comes loose on a loose diaper
- No good after 3 months when baby starts to turn on its tummy
4. Snuza Hero
Also from Snuza we have The Snuza hero movement monitor which is a small lightweight device that clips onto the front of the baby’s diaper. The clip is firm and the monitor stays in place on babies that can’t roll onto their stomachs. The monitor detects the rise and fall of the baby’s tummy and so is a very accurate monitor of his/her breathing. If after 20 seconds there has been no movement then a loud alarm will sound also if the infant’s movements slow to less than 8 per minute the alarm will sound.
- Monitor the abdominal movement of the baby and prevent the dangerous SIDS.
- Rouse vibration after 15 seconds of no movement. Rouse warning to parents.
- Audible alarm to alert parents after total 20 seconds of no movement.
- Alert parents when the abdominal movement is very weak.
- Small in size, portable.
- Possibility of false alarm is practically nil.
- Easy to use
- Probably only downside is that Hero cannot be rely upon when there is external movement present.
5. Nanny European Baby Movement Monitor
Finally, The last item of our list of the best baby mevement monitor is the Nanny European Baby Movement Monitor EU and CE certified for prevention of SIDS. This device is used in hospitals to monitor premature babies and picks up every movement. Every new parent’s nightmare is SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and some parents find it near impossible to rest because of the worry. This highly sensitive SIDS prevention device will give you peace to rest. Open one eye in a panic? Check the LCD display and you will see all is well without having to leave your room. It is a top of the range breathing monitor which will relieve your stress and allow you to get some hard earned rest.
- Medically tested
- Super sensitive
- Loud alarm
- Visual display
- Tested for use with premature babies
- Instructions are not in English
- Emits some false alarms
- For use in smaller crib size